Bernoulli Society Bulletin 'E-Briefs' issue 10
2.- GENERAL NEWS
3 - EVENTS
4 - PRIZES
5- RECENTLY RELEASED ISSUES OF BernSoc OFFICIAL AND
For information to be considered in the next issue please contact
1 - MEMBERSHIP
The end of the year is getting closer! We would like to remind all the E-Brief readers to renew their annual Bernoulli Society membership (simple or joint with ISI and/or IMS). Each membership year runs from January 1 to December 31. You can do it online just by visiting http://www.bernoulli-society.org/index.php/membership. All our best wishes for the new year !
2.- GENERAL NEWS
*Djalil CHAFAÏ ⋅ http://djalil.chafai.net has accepted an appointment by IMS and Bernoulli Society as managing editor for the Electronic Journal of Probability and Electronic Communications in Probability. Congratulations on his new appointment !
* IMS and Bernoulli Society have finalized the agreement to co-sponsor a special lecture to honor Oded Schramm, http://imstat.org/Schramm/ .
The Oded Schramm Lecture Endowment Fund has been created. Individual and corporate contributions to support this new IMS/Bernoulli Society jointly sponsored annual lecture in probability are invited at https://secure.imstat.org/secure/orders/schrammcontribution.asp
* IMU-Net 49b: Special issue the Blog on Mathematical Journals.
The IMU and the ICIAM have created a joint working group to discuss the issue of why a rating of mathematical journals is desirable, and submitted a detailed proposal for journal rating. A blog (http://www.mathunion.org/journals) has been created to involve the mathematical community to contribute to the discussion with inputs and comments on the proposal. Please visit the blog website for more information.
3.1- Events (co)-sponsored by BernSoc.
*8th World Congress in Probability and Statistics. Istanbul, Turkey, July 9-14, 2012. <http://www.worldcong2012.org/>
*. Bernoulli Society is co-sponsoring satellite activities for the 8th World Congress in Probability and Statistics in Istanbul:
-(a) Young Statisticians Weekend Workshop
-(b) Feza Gursey International Summer School in Mathematical Physics III: Probabilistic Aspects of Contemporary Physics, 20 June 2012--06 July 2012. http://www.fezagurseysummerschool.com/
Also consult the web page http://www.worldcong2012.org/ for regular updates.
* XII CLAPEM -12th Latin American Congress of Probability and Mathematical Statistics. Viña del Mar, Chile. March 26-30, 2012.
-The CLAPEM activities includes thematic sessions, short courses and satellite meetings. Information on the program available at http://clapem2012.mat.puc.cl/
- Deadline for abstract submission: December 1, 2011
* 7th World Congress of the Bachelier Finance Society, Sydney, Australia, June 19-22, 2012. <http://www.bfs2012.com/>
* II Asia and Pacific Rim Meetings (APRM).Tsukuba,Japan. July 2-4, 2012.
- BernSoc with IMS will co-sponsor two special sessions of 105 mins each, with the title: “Research at the Interface of Probability and Mathematical Statistics, I and II”.
- Elsevier is also providing partial travel support for speakers in this session.
- Deadline for abstract submission: December 24, 2011
- Early registration deadline: April 15, 2012
- Visit http://ims-aprm2012.org/index.html for more information
* EMS2013. The 29th European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS2013). Budapest, Hungary, 20-25. July 2013.
* SPA 2014. The 2014 congress in Stochastic Processes and their Applications will take place in Buenos Aires (Argentina), during the week July 28 - August
3.2- Other events
* PASI (Pan-American Advanced Studies Institute): Topics in percolative and disordered Systems, Santiago de Chile-Buenos Aires January 2 to 15, 2012.
- The PASI school will take place with the first week in Santiago, Chile and the second in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Consult the website http://pasi2012.mat.puc.cl/ for registration
* ISBA 2012 World Meeting 2 - the premier conference of the International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA). June 25 – 29, 2012, Kyoto, Japan.
5.- RECENTLY RELEASED ISSUES OF BernSoc OFFICIAL AND
* Recent issues:
- BERNOULLI 17(4) http://www.bernoulli-society.org/
- SPA 121 (12) and 122 (1) http://www.elsevier.com/locate/spa
* Co-sponsored open access publications:
* Latest issue of Bernoulli News http://isi.cbs.nl/bnews/index.html
Last Updated: Tuesday, 19 November 2013 07:35