Membership Information - Benefits, Forms, Fees and Contact
- Benefits of Joining the Bernoulli Society
- Special subscription rates for Bernoulli members
- Application Forms and Fees
- Membership Officer
As an opportunity to become a member, the Bernoulli Society offers:
- 50% fee reduction for the first year of membership of new members from developed countries
- PhD Students join for free
- 70% fee reduction for the first two years of postdocs.
- 70% fee reduction for members from developing countries (from 2011 on)
The Bernoulli Society is introducing new membership structure which will replace the current one from year 2016.
The new membership categories include
1. Regular member (80 Euro): Members from developed countries.
2. Reduced rate member (24 Euro): Members from developing countries, first two years of postdoc, retired members, couple members
3. First year member (40 Euro): First year membership for regular members from developed countries.
4. Joint member: BS-IMS (165 Dollar) and BS-IMS-ISI (168 Euro) members
5. Student member: Free membership for phd students
6. Life member: Fees according to the following scheme
Less than 45 years: 20 x annual dues
45 - 49 years: 18 x annual dues
50 - 54 years: 16 x annual dues
55 - 59 years: 14 x annual dues
60 - 64 years: 12 x annual dues
65 - 69 years: 10 x annual dues
70 - 74 years: 8 x annual dues
75 - 79 years: 6 x annual dues
80 years and over: 4 x annual dues
Benefits of Joining the Bernoulli Society
Bernoulli Society members profit from the following benefits:
Special subscription rates for Bernoulli members
Bernoulli Society members have special subscription rates to the following publications:
Members who would also like to receive hard copies of the Bernoulli Journal and/or hard copies of the International Statistical Review at reduced rates may order them when applying for membership or renewing their membership.
The personal hard copy subscription rates for the Bernoulli Journal are: 27 Euro (developed countries), 15 Euro (developed countries retired), 8 Euro (developing countries), 8 Euro (developing countries retired). The institutional rate is US$ 504.
To also receive hard copies of the Journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications at reduced rates contact online the publisher Elsevier.
The following journals are available online only, at discounted prices. You can subscribe directly by visiting the websites linked with each journal.
The following journals can be ordered from the publisher with a discount for Bernoulli Society members:
- Biometrika may only be ordered directly via its webpage.
- The Journal of Time Series Analysis may only be ordered directly (cash with order or a personal cheque) from the publisher: Journal Customer Services, Blackwell Publishing Ltd., 9600 Garsington Road, Oxford OX4 2DQ, England.
- The American Journal of Mathematical and Management Sciences may be ordered directly from the publisher: American Sciences Press Inc., 20 Cross Road, Syracuse, New York 13224-2144, USA.
- The journal Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes may be ordered directly from the publisher Springer-Verlag New York, Inc., Mathematics Marketing Dept., 333 Meadowlands Parkway, Secaucus, NJ 07094, USA, or e-mail .
If you have a joint BS-IMS or BS-IMS-ISI membership and wish to order IMS publications in addition to those available with the joint membership, you may order them through the order form for joint members. Copies of these publications, obtained through Member subscriptions, are for Member's personal use only and not for hire or resale.
Online Application Forms
Membership Dues for 2016
Disclaimer: All prices are subject to change without prior notice. The Bernoulli Society is not responsible for typographical errors.
Applications for regular membership (including 50% reduced fees for the first year of membership) can also be sent to:
Ms. Margaret de Ruiter-Molloy (Membership Officer)
c/o International Statistical Institute
P.O. Box 24070
2490 AB The Hague
Tel. +31 70 337 5726
Fax +31 70 386 0025